About the book...

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF WOLF TIDE... 17 year-old ANABARA NOLIO is descended from a long line of warriors. From the Gull People on her father’s side she has the ability to fly, and from her highborn Galen mother she has access to the world of the privileged elite. She is a also a Private Investigator. When tasked with discovering the truth about the University library’s lost books she thinks it’s a simple case. But the city isle of LARIDY is riddled with dark secrets and ancient magic - a legacy from historic dealings with the Realm of the Fairy...

Friday 22 November 2013

WELCOME TO LARIDY

Welcome to my new world! WOLF TIDE is my first fantasy novel, and my first book for young adults.  You can pre-order it from Amazon (paper version or Kindle) here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1490904581

It will be published on November 30th, and I'm having a launch party in Liverpool Cathedral.  This feels sort of appropriate, as my invented city of Laridy has a huge cathedral-like building on the top of a hill.  I got the idea from visits to Le Mont St Michel in France, though.  Or possibly Holy Island, off the coast of Northumberland.  Among other places.  Writers are magpies, basically.  We pinch bright sparkly ideas from all over the place.


More about where I get my ideas from later.  Or if you're impatient, over on the Greenbelt website: http://www.greenbelt.org.uk/blog/2013/11/wolf-tide-the-new-novel-from-catherine-fox/

No comments:

Post a Comment